Sunday, April 08, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes, VI

Overheard while SillyBilly was getting his jammies on with Papa:

Papa, what color is a soul?

Papa, what shape is a soul?

In the car driving home from the mall (I know, Easter Sunday, but it was too cold to play outside and we HAD to get out of the house) we discussed how Jesus and Buddha said some of the same things (be nice to everyone):

SillyBilly: Mama, when I grow up I want to be like Jesus, or Buddha.
Napoleona: Me too!!

Back at home, after a lengthy discussion about Jesus, Mama gives one more example of how Jesus said we should be nice to everyone:

Mama: ..and one time a lady who had done bad things washed Jesus' feet and dried them with her own hair, and even though other people didn't like her, Jesus said that because she wanted to be nice and she was sorry, that he liked her.

SillyBilly: Mama, what bad things did she do?

Grammy: Let's see how she gets out of this one!

(Needless to say, I just left it at "bad things, I'm not going to tell you what exactly." I was not going to explain theologians' arguments about her being a prostitute.)

No comments: