I just unearthed this from a folder of early childhood resources from a class I took right after my son was born.
- If I like it, it is mine.
- If it is in my hands, it is mine.
- If I can take it from you, it is mine.
- If I had it a little while ago, it is mine.
- If it is mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
- If I am doing or building something, all of the pieces are mine.
- If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
I was an only child, therefore I never developed this need for hoarding. ALL the books and toys were mine! I could share with magnanimity when I so chose. So I find this behavior just at bit mystifying and quite a bit irritating.