Thursday, November 08, 2007

A meme for NaBloPoMo

I got this one from Charlotte, who says the rules are:

List one fact, word or tidbit that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your first or middle name. You can theme it to your blog or make it general. Then tag one person for each letter of your name.

I chose my middle name. To be honest, it's the shortest of all that I had to choose from...I'm trying to cut my computer time short tonight! I won't tag anyone, play along if you like.

E
diting
is my current vocation. I've been doing it part-time for about 6 years. I love it! It's nice to be doing something that actually relates to my BA in English Literature. It is also a place where my inner Virgo can roam free.

Liverwurst is one of my favorite foods! (Sorry, Charlotte.) I could eat it almost every day. My little German Grandma used to feed me slices of Brauschweiger for snacks.

Auto accidents have been a big part of my life. The biggest one was when I was 7 -- a hit and run where I fractured my wrist and got a little cut under my eyebrow. I've been in 6 of them, but I may be forgetting a few.

Iceland has always fascinated me, despite its lack of things I usually love, like trees. Björk, elves, volcanoes, glaciers, geysers, the world's oldest parliament, what's not to love? Maybe it's some old Viking blood coming out.

Needlework has been my hobby since I was a girl. I've done cross-stitch, needlepoint, embroidery, sewing, knitting, crocheting, latch-hooking, and blackwork. I've sewn theater costumes and Medieval clothing, dolls and toys, and modern clothing. I've knitted and crocheted sweaters, hats, gnomes and blankets. I made a cross-stitch sampler that still hangs up in my dad's house.

Anthroposophy has informed my life and thinking for over 10 years. It continues to amaze and confound me every day. It has brought me wonderful friends, new skills and thoughts, and a name for my blog.

No comments: